Campus may be eerily quiet this week, but not all of us are home enjoying turkey. In fact, I’m sitting at work right now, and will be doing the same for the rest of the week. Not complaining, but it would certainly be nice to have something to do tonight other than watch a season of Gossip Girl alone. So, if you’re like me and stuck in Burlington this week without your pals, here are some options to keep you from just sitting on your couch, eating your weight in gummy bears.
1. Go see a movie. Simple and sweet. The Roxy is right downtown, and you can get a discount with your student ID (plus they’ve got a cheap matinee rate). They’ve got a fairly diverse film selection, so there’s usually something for everyone. Check out what’s playing here.
2. Check out the scene at Radio Bean. Open Mic Nights, Jazz Sessions… There’s always something going on. Just sit, chill, listen to music, eat some dessert. And don’t worry if you have to go alone, you’ll probably look even more hip. www.radiobean.com
3. Do some Christmas shopping. If you’re looking for something especially unique, try hitting up some of Burlington’s thrift stores. We’ve got a whole blog to guide you: Thrift It, Burlington Style
4. Help out at Sweetwaters’ annual Thanksgiving event. The restaurant serves a free meal to community members and runs a huge coat drive every Thanksgiving. See how you can help by clicking here.
5. Go to the tree lighting ceremony on Church Street. See 250,000 lights illuminate downtown at 6:02 p.m. this Friday. Show up at 5:30 p.m. for a stage production of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ performed by the Open Stage Company. Get more info here.
Got any suggestions for fun during vacation? Leave a comment and let us know, or submit your own blog and become a /BORED Blog Contributor!