Have a passion for film? Love the theater experience? Need a night out on the town – for free? The UVM Program Board will offer students the opportunity to see movies at Merrill’s Roxy Theater in Downtown Burlington, for FREE with Cats at the Movies! Every Monday and Tuesday, the Department of Student Life distributes a limited number of vouchers that are redeemable Thursday thru Saturday for any showtime after 6 PM.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week on Monday and Tuesday (or the first two school days of the week) at 8 AM stop by the Department of Student Life’s Office on the 3rd floor of the Dudley H. Davis Center and snag a ticket. Tickets sell out FAST, so be sure to get there early to ensure you get one.
- Pick a movie night – Thursday through Saturday, and bring your ticket (and student ID) to The Roxy and check out any film after 6PM.
- Enjoy your film (and maybe some popcorn).
The Fine Print:
- One voucher per student, per week.
- Voucher’s are redeemable Thursday, Friday, and Saturday after 6 PM.
- Only UVM students, Undergraduate and Graduate, are eligible for this promotion.
- Students must be present in order to receive their voucher.
- A valid UVM Student ID must be presented when picking up the voucher AND when redeeming it at the theatre.
- Possession of this ticket does not guarantee a seat…so show up early! If you know which movie and showing you want to attend, you can guarantee yourself a seat by redeeming your voucher for a showing in advance (as long as it meets guideline #2).
- Vouchers are not redeemable for some special events.
- Take a walk or ride or roll (with a friend, of course): Here are simple walking directions from the Davis Center.
- There are multiple bus options including CATS (with evening off-campus routes serving downtown – a good option for getting back up the hill) and CCTA (the College Street Shuttle and Williston Routes are easy ways to get Downtown from Campus).
The Roxy offers assistive listening devices (headphones) in each theater. It also offers space for wheelchair users in all theaters. However, the Roxy Theatre is not equipped to offer closed captioning services. If you require closed captioning services, we have a partnership with another theater that offers closed captioning devices for select films for the deaf and hard of hearing. This theater also offers head phones and caption-reader devices.
For more information on this partnership, to request tickets, or to make an accommodations related request, please email [email protected].