We are excited to be partnering with the Inter-Residence Association to bring you an expanded program in the spring!
Have a passion for film? Love the theater experience? Need a night out on the town – for free? The UVM Program Board will offer students the opportunity to see movies at Merrill’s Roxy Theater in Downtown Burlington, for FREE! Each week, we’ll distribute a limited number of vouchers that are redeemable for a free movie screening Thursday, Friday, and Saturday after 6 PM.
- Students must present a valid UVM Student ID and may receive one voucher redeemable for a free movie at the Roxy Theatre.
- In exchange for a voucher, students must provide their UVM email adress so we can follow up with you regarding your experience.
And the fine print:
- One voucher per student, per week.
- Voucher’s are redeemable Thursday, Friday, and Saturday after 6 PM.
- Only UVM students, Undergraduate and Graduate, are eligible for this promotion.
- A valid UVM Student ID must be presented when picking up the voucher AND when redeeming it at the theatre.
- Possession of this ticket does not guarantee a seat…so show up early! If you know which movie and showing you want to attend, you can guarantee yourself a seat by redeeming your voucher for a showing in advance (as long as it meets guideline #2).
- Vouchers are not redeemable for some special events.
- Take a walk or ride or roll (with a friend, of course): Here are simple walking directions from the Davis Center.
- There are multiple bus options including CATS (with evening off-campus routes serving downtown – a good option for getting back up the hill) and CCTA (the College Street Shuttle and Williston Routes are easy ways to get Downtown from Campus).
- Call a cab.
The Roxy offers assistive listening devices (headphones) in each theater. It also afters space for wheelchair users in all theaters. However, the Roxy Theatre is not equipped to offer closed captioning services. If you require closed captioning services, we have a partnership with another theater that offers closed captioning devices for select films for the deaf and hard of hearing. This theater also offers head phones and caption-reader devices.
For more information on this partnership, to request tickets, or to make an accommodations related request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.