November 12-16 is Geography Awareness Week! Check out the schedule of events:
- Faculty Research: See a slide show and posters of different faculty research from the Geography Department. Come find out what you can do with a Geography degree! – Old Mill Annex
- Question of the Day: All of Geography Awareness Week the ”Question of the Day” questions in the Marketplace will be geography themed. Go give them a shot!
- Chalk Questions: Do like drawing on the sidewalk with chalk? Well, you can do it all week by Royal Tyler Theater!
- Travel Studies Slide Show: Want to see some different trips you can take and get credit for? Come check out the Geography Awareness Week Table in the Old Mill Annex!
- Old Mill Tower Tours: Ever want to be in the Old Mill Tower? Well, now you can! The Geography Department is opening up the tower for tours for all of Geography Awareness Week!
- Treasure Hunt: There will be a treasure hunt for Geography Awareness Week that lasts all week long! You can win some chocolate globes! Get a game card at the info table in the Old Mill Annex.
- Info & Games: Everyday there will be a table in the Old Mill Annex with information about geography. There will also be chocolate globes!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH
- Open Class: Intro to Remote Sensing: Does this interest you: Geographic analysis and evaluation of aerial imagery produced by remote sensors and its relationship to environmental problems in the social and physical sciences? Then come see what it’s about! Stop by Lafayette 308 from 12:50-1:40.
- GIS Open Lab: Come find out what Geographic Information System (GIS) is in this open lab with demonstrations. Maybe you’ll like it! Come by Lafayette 203 from 10:30-2:00.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH
- Geography Alumni Panel: What are geography graduates doing now? See what you can do as a geography major! Come by the John Dewey Lounge at 5:30.