Backcountry Film Festival Vermont Tour 2018
Calling all “go big or go home” winter enthusiasts! Get ready to get goosebumps while you “Ooh!” and “Ahh!” at the impact and importance of our winter wildlands through this collection of short films. Produced each year as a celebratory, backcountry community event by the Winter Wildlands Alliance, the 14th Annual Backcountry Film Festival film line-up is full of snowy, cinematic adventure sure to inspire both the local backcountry and general communities.
Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and preserving winter wildlands and a quality human-powered snow sports experience on public lands. All funds raised directly benefit local projects and programs that perpetuate access and stewardship of public lands.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture — you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
– Ode to Muir (Festival cut), Teton Gravity Research
– Ski the Wild West, Thomas Woodson and Drew Petersen
– The Abbey, DPS Cinematic
– The Backcountry Snowsports Initiative: Human-Powered, Wool Hat Creative Productions
– Abandoned (Festival cut), The Road West Traveled
– Blue, Aly Nicklas
– I Am Here, David Hanson and Michael Hanson
– Surfer Dan, Camp4 Collective
– Searching for Christmas Tree, Lie Feng
– Westward: Brennan Lagasse, KGB Productions