DWIGHT & NICOLE: Drive-In Experience
Join Higher Ground at the Essex Fairgrounds for a Musical Drive-In experience featuring a live set from Dwight & Nicole, with opening music by Luis Calderon, who will be honoring the roots of American popular music. There will also be storytelling with Ferene Paris Meyer & Friends of All Heart Inspirations.
***TICKETS ARE SOLD PER VEHICLE, NOT PER PERSON***
All ages, rain or shine.
Dwight & Nicole’s spectacular 2018 EP “Electric Lights” was recorded with Grammy nominated producer Joel Hamilton (Black Keys, Arron Neville, Tom Waits) at his renowned Studio G in Brooklyn NY. The album was recorded live to analog tape and showcases powerhouse vocals, and a timeless blend of gritty soul and rock. Their debut single “Wait” is a socially conscious cry for a revolution that landed them on many best of the year lists, and grabbed the attention of Mavis Staples, Melissa Etheridge & Norah Jones who all invited the unsigned band tour with, and open for them. The regional success of the EP also led to their first publishing deal with Sony/Orchard.
They racked up noteworthy award nods over the past few years: nine Boston Music Awards, seven Boston Phoenix Awards, eight Daysie Awards, and nine New England Music Awards. Including wins for “Vocalist of the Year” and “Band of the Year”
The follow up to “Electric Lights” was finished just before the 2020 pandemic. It is a full length album recorded back at Studio G with Joel Hamilton. The debut single “Next Go-Round” (out on June 26) evokes the soul of the Stax Records heyday. The band simmers, and Nelson’s evocative vocals are front and center.
Keep an eye on DWIGHT & NICOLE- and catch them live if you can. Follow the band on Instagram @dwightandnicole to track them behind the scenes.
“Give “Wait” a spin and, for at least three minutes and fifty seconds, all will be right with the world” ~ Dan Bolles, Seven Days
“Take R&B, soul, and blues, mix in razor-sharp rock guitar… heat to boiling, and watch your face melt. That’s Dwight & Nicole.” ~ Relix Magazine
Code of Conduct
All guests are expected to adhere to CDC and Vermont guidelines in relation to social distancing while attending drive-in events.
General Guidelines to Follow:
- If you are sick, running a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home until you are healthy.
- For the safety of yourself and others, please only attend this event with people in your immediate quarantine circle.
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distance between yourself and those outside of your immediate quarantine circle at all times.
- Please wear a mask when visiting restrooms/areas outside of the 6 foot radius in front of your parking spot.
- At the conclusion of the show, please drive slowly and follow all directions. Event staff will be onsite to facilitate exiting.