Fall in Love with Student life
It’s officially fall, and what’s not to love? Vibrant colors, pumpkin spice, and some epic sweater weather are all here. Come celebrate the reason for the season and connect with others – including Student Life staff – at a big (COVID-safe) bash hosted by the Department of Student Life as they take over the Harris / Millis loop with a bunch of fun (and FREE) activities:
- Skating – Test your Skating Skills with a lap around the loop with an assortment of drift skates. Or BYOW (Bring Your Own Wheels) for some open-skate fun. *All skaters will be required to wear helmets at this event, so please BYOH (Bring Your Own Helmet) if you have one. Helmets and pads will be available to borrow.
- Live Music – Enjoy epic views of Camel’s Hump in some comfy Adirondack chairs, while enjoying some delicious s’mores candy and epic tunes by First Year Student (and talented musician) Peter Gause.
- Fire Pits –Enjoy the crisp air and the warm glow of the fire at a number of fire pits throughout the event.
- Games – Compete against your friends (or make some new ones) by challenging them to Lawn Games like Giant Connect 4, Corn
Hole, Spike Ball, Ladder Ball. Or settle-up under the tent and put your brain to the test with some tabletop games.
- Axe Throwing – Wield your mighty axe with power and determination in this partnership with UVM Timbersports.
- Disc Golf – Ever played golf with a frisbee? Try your arm at our pop-up Disc Golf course.
- SSC’s Dawn of the Shred – Join the Ski and Snowboard Club for their 12th annual rail jam. Come watch your fellow shredders throw
down on a rad setup – right on athletic campus. Spectators at this event require a separate ticket.
- FREE Food – Snack an on assortment of our fall favs, from Apples to Cinnamon Sugar Donuts – and maybe a bit of Maple Popcorn (Yum!). It wouldn’t be a proper fall without beverages like apple cider and juice.
- Prizes – Cheese and fall go together like cows and Vermont, and Student Life wants to hook you up! Attendees will have a chance to win a Student Life Charcuterie board – complete with a pre-boxed sampling of cheesy treats courtesy of UVM Dining.
Tickets are FREE and only available to UVM students. The in-person aspect of this event has a limited capacity and will require a ticket for a specific time-block for access. Please sign up for only one time slot (3 are available), and come at the time you are registered for. Please be prepared to present your e-ticket at the event.
- Claim tickets for the 3pm – 4pm block
- Claim tickets for the 4pm – 5pm block
- Claim tickets for the 5pm – 6pm block
IMPORTANT – By claiming a ticket you are taking a space at this limited capacity event. If cannot make it, please be sure to communicate this with Student Life ([email protected]) so they can free up a seat for another interested student. Failure to do this limits opportunity and
access for other students to attend this event and makes it more difficult to provide similar events in the future.
At Home / Remote Students – Can’t participate because you’re a remote student? Fear not. You can check out the fun with other students by popping into @uvm_upb’s instagram live feed of musician Peter Gause. Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox – we’ll be sending you information soon on our ‘Student Life Box’ program – a unique opportunity just for you to engage with Fall at UVM from afar.
Please make sure you bring a face covering and your CATCard to this event. Our Catamount community depends on you to be safe and healthy. If you are not feeling well, please sit this one out. We promise there will be more opportunities in the future!
Common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills (feeling feverish, or experiencing fatigue, chills, muscle aches, headache, or measured temperature of 100.4°F or higher)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have developed any of these symptoms in the past 72 hours, please do not attend this event. If you have been in close contact (less than 6 feet, for at least 15 minutes, without medically appropriate PPE) in the past 14 days with a person who has, or is suspected by a medical professional to have COVID-19, please do not attend this event.
If you have traveled outside of Vermont in the past 14 days, please contact us to find out if you are eligible to attend this event.
For the most up to date information about UVM’s COVID-19 response, please visit https://www.uvm.edu/returntocampus
If you have additional questions about this event please reach out to [email protected].