Spectrum’s Sleep Out
When times are tough economically, Spectrums youth are among the first to feel the hit—already, they have had young people whose rental housing is threatened by their workplaces shutting down. Spectrum expects to see the number of youth seeking food, shelter, and emergency help to rise. Spectrum Youth and Family Services is raising awareness with a ‘sleep out’. Head out doors (with appropriate social distancing) and sleep outside for the night in solidarity with homeless youth and youth at risk of becoming homeless in Vermont.With your help, Spectrum is making sure that every teenager and young adult in our community has a place to go when they need help most. Sign up to join the virtual sleep-out or donate to support Spectrum Youth and Family Services.
- Post photos or video of where you will be sleeping out (while simultaneously practicing social distancing) and tag them: #SpectrumSleepOut and/or #StandBySpectrumYouth.
- Send photos and videos to Team Captain Liza Ryan at (716) 380-2541.
- The morning after your sleep-out, write a narrative about your experience sleeping out and why supporting Burlington’s youth is important.
- Please continue to fundraise so that our youth get the help they need when they need it most.
- For any questions, please contact Liza Ryan ’20 // Social Work and Criminal Justice double major, at [email protected]