Advice for UVM First-Years
We’re all so excited to welcome you to our beautiful campus, and in preparation for your arrival, we’ve crowdsourced some advice for you from other UVM students, who’ve totally been there. Here’s a quick sample of some of the best:
1. Bring a lot of socks.
2. Don’t be afraid of the library. It’s a great place!
3. Don’t be afraid to go to events alone!
4. Get involved with something out of your comfort zone.
5. Get as many free pens as you can.
6. Oreos and Cheetos aren’t a good idea for dinner.
7. Take care of your mental health, not just physical health.
8. Take more time to explore Burlington and the fun things it has to offer!
9. Stay true to yourself – not everything falls together perfectly right away.
10. It’s going to be okay.
They’re absolutely right, it’s all going to okay, and in fact, it’ll probably be great, especially if you stick with us! Check out the link to our calendar to get started on your UVM experience!