Welcome to UVM!
We hope these come in handy as you learn the ropes at UVM:
1. Go early to the ActivitiesFest for the best swag.
And stick around because Student Life grills up free hot dogs starting at 11am.
2. Skip the line! Text FeelGood (802.448.2119) your grilled cheese order. It will be ready for pick-up after class.
3. You can get $1 fries and $3 milkshakes from Brennan’s on Wednesdays during UPB’s weekly Pub Quiz.
4. Try before you buy. Group fitness classes are free the first week (Monday-Sunday) of each semester.
5. Sign up to receive info about dining specials and get a free cookie on your birthday!
6. Run a CATS Report through myUVM to check on your credits – make sure you’re on track to graduate in four years.
7. Sign up to be a Peer Note Taker and get incentives and benefits from Academic Support Programs.
8. In case you missed it – there’s a tunnel under Main Street.
It comes in handy when you’re trying to stay warm in the midst of winter, when it’s rainy, or if you’re just trying to escape the sun…
9. Explore the city – by bike! Just follow the “Cycle the City” signs.
There are fun walking and bike routes EVERYWHERE!
10. The Davis Center 4th floor is one of the best study spots on campus. Ditto the Apse in Billings Library.
11. The busiest hours in fitness center are 4-7pm, so plan accordingly.
12. Things you can get from your Res Hall front desk: movies, board games, a vacuum, lawn games, and more…
13. Don’t wait until junior year to have lunch at UVM’s sit-down restaurant — Waterman Manor. Be bold – invite your professor to join you.
14. LivingWell has a relaxation room with a massage chair and brings a massage therapist to campus once a week. They also offer free yoga and pilates classes for students.
15. You can spruce up your room with plants from the UVM Greenhouse (or just stop by the Greenhouse to warm up on a cold winter’s day).
16. The UVM Bookstore sells stamps. Or, you can send a free postcard courtesy of the UVM Loves Project.
UVM Loves cards are free to grab in the Department of Student Life on the 3rd floor of the Davis Center.
17. TGIF UVM! Athletics gives swag to anyone showing their Catamount pride for #VCatFriday. And we (UVM Bored) celebrate the weekend with concert tickets and prize giveaways on our facebook page.
18. The Department of Student Life gives away free movie tickets to the Roxy every Monday and Tuesday – all you need is your CatCard.
They start giving them out at 8AM and they sell out FAST – so be sure to get there early. Their office is on the third floor of the Davis Center across from SGA.
18. Use your CATcard to get free things:
- Cats at the Movies tickets from Student Life.
- Laundry in the res halls. Even better – reserve a machine ahead of time.
- Rides on the city bus, membership to CarShare VT and bike rentals from BUG.
- Movies from the Bailey/Howe library.
19. There’s a cafe hidden away at the Fleming Museum on campus.
20. Check out the Seven Daysies for Burlington’s Best as voted by the readers of our local mag, The Seven Days, or see our own annual Best of UVM as voted on by UVM Students.